In this video, we cover Rotman School of Management, one of the most coveted and prestigious MBA programs globally. Complimented by Canada’s lucrative job market and liberal policies on accepting immigrants, Rotman continues to experience a high volume of applications year after year which makes for a very competitive applicant pool. In a class size of about 300 students, more than 50% come from outside of Canada representing 48+ nationalities. The school takes pride in providing a diverse and inclusive community experience and fosters exchange of ideas and divergent perspectives.
Recently, as part of PrepEazy Informal MBA Chat Series – Episode 1, we had the privilege to experience the Rotman values when we sat down for a highly interactive session with Alisha Murugesh and Avantika Sardana, two incoming students at Rotman MBA, class of 2022. In the video below, listen to two future leaders uncover the secret sauce to make a successful application to Rotman and talk about the finer and often neglected aspects of a successful application.
The video is broken into segments. Find below the details for each segment:
1. Pick your Fit (1:05 – 10:37) – The candidates talk about the process they went through to evaluate their fit for the schools they applied to and answer questions around selection of a particular geography, importance of rankings and much more.
2. Demystifying the Application (10:38 – 23:15) – The candidates talk about the finer aspects of the application to the school, essays they had to construct and the process followed for the same and finally tips to crack the interview.
3. Networking Mantra (23:16 – 29:05) – The candidates talk about the importance of networking with admissions team, alumni and current students at school and give advice on how to network your way into evaluating your fit for a school.
4. Support and Guidance (29:05 – 35:55) – The candidates talk about the importance of support during the complete application journey, the support they got in the process and whom did they reply on for best advice and guidance.
5. Busting the Myths (35:55 – 38:35) – The candidates bust any general myths around the complete MBA application journey, whether it’s GMAT, school or geography related myths.
6. Words of Wisdom (38:36 – 44:55) – The candidates give their top 2-3 suggestions to make a successful application to this school.
7. Facts & Figures (44:56 – 45:13) – Highlights the key facts around class profile, careers, rankings and associated costs.
Support us by liking, following and sharing our content with people who you think can benefit from this. Also, follow us on the below handles to stay on top of our upcoming content.